Monday, July 16, 2007

Off He Goes, Into the Wild Blue Yonder …

Jonathan made his first of many trips to come to Washington D.C. yesterday. Luckily for us, we're both okay with him traveling – and always have been. And Bella is here to keep me company, so I don't get lonely (or scared by bumps in the night).

Originally, we had planned on moving to D.C. over the summer, but those plans transitioned into two weeks in July, two weeks in August and two weeks in September.

They had also discussed Jonathan going to D.C. for the first two weeks of October (rather than August). But I suggested to him that with a due date of November 9th, it would probably be better for the situation if he didn't go so late in the pregnancy. After all, one never knows when a baby will make his way into the world. Some tell me, "First babies are usually late." On the other hand, I have several friends who tell me their first babies were early. So … ya never know. (And according to all the baby shows I watch on Discover Health, this baby could come any time between now and the end of November! My preference is early-to-mid November, thank you very much.)

So when I think of the next four months in terms of how frequently Jonathan will be gone, I realize the rest of this pregnancy will probably go very quickly. And imagine how much bigger I will be when Jonathan comes back after being gone for two weeks in each of the three months! He'll see me down the concourse at the airport and think, "Whoa! Is that MY WIFE?? It can't be!"

Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way Jennifer, you were 5 days early!