Friday, August 10, 2007

Pregnancy Humor



According to all I've heard and read, pregnant women are known for their rollercoaster of emotions. I've been pretty normal throughout my pregnancy, if I do say so myself. I'm sure Jonathan is quite relieved!

But now let's visit an incident that happened the other night, shall we?

They say that at this stage in a baby's developoment, he can hear sounds outside the womb. So, every night, Jonathan reads to the baby from a children's book of Bible stories that we have. On this particular night, I was laying in bed, highly amused at the strange shape my stomach becomes when I sit up just a bit. And I got a bad case of the giggles, just like a kid does. The giggles interrupted Jonathan's story time and so he eventually closed the book and put it away.

Enter pregnancy hormones.

I was immediately moved to tears because he stopped reading. I was truly upset by it. So I got up, took the book and proclaimed I was going to read the Bible story for the night. Poor Jonathan was dumbfounded by my tears. And frankly, so I was I.

So what did I do? While crying, I started laughing ... and then I continued crying. Oh, boy. It was just weird. I was highly amused and seriously upset at the same time.

And so when I saw this cartoon today, I just had to share it.

Jennifer


No comments: