Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Test Results

I endured the dreaded three hour glucose test on Saturday. Fasting for 12 hours, a lot of glucose consumed and three hours of waiting along with four different blood draws. It really wasn't too bad ... its just boring to sit there so long. The techs were hesitant to let me go any futher than the bathroom, just in case I have a weird reaction to the glucose. But nothing happned.

The Dr. left a message that all was well with the test. So, I don't have gestational diabetes. YAY!

I considered celebrating by consuming a box of Red Hots. But instead, I decided to satisfy my curiosity about what Ben & Jerry's "Pistachio Pistachio" tasted like. I ate the whole pint in one sitting and it was mighty tasty! Tastes like a frozen version of Jello Pistachio Pudding ... in case you're wondering. And besides, that ice cream has more nutrition than Red Hots. It has calcium and protein. :)


Today is Thursday and Jonathan returns in one week - yay! So far, Bella has been a little angel in Jonathan's absense. She hasn't dragged me too far or hard on our walks. I'd be so bored without her. She really is the best dog ... EVER!

Jennifer

1 comment:

Jonathan and Valerie said...

this is the CUTEST photo!! Bella is such a good girl. How nice to have her as company while Jonathan is on the road! We love her. Woof!