Friday, September 14, 2007

Pregnant Women are Supposed to Relax

(Be sure to check out today's "The Baby at 32 Weeks" ... just scroll down)

I frequently get told, by various people, that as a pregnant woman I need to "relax" and "pamper myself." And, hey! I agree! But ...

As you may have noticed, my blog writings have been pretty sporadic lately. This week was my company's annual conference (translation: annual nightmare). The weeks leading up to the conference were busy, the days leading up to the conference were even busier and this week itself was just plain CRAZY.

It wasn't until after the conference ended yesterday and I was simply carrying a stack of notebooks (one of the lightest loads I've carried in recent weeks, by the way) that people started saying, "Oh, let me do that for you. You're pregnant. Just sit down and relax."

But the way I look at all the physical work I've had to do lately is that doctors are always emphasizing that pregnant women need to exercise. So I believe I've met my exercise quota and plan to relax the next few weeks.

Most importantly, I want to thank Jonathan. I have been a tired (read: sleep deprived) and cranky wife this week. I think I did a fairly good job of not snapping at him, but he did get some raging hormones and frustration and tears directed his way a couple of times (the poor guy!). So here's a huge thanks to him for being patient with me, for helping me load the car and take all the conference material to the hotel ... and for just being a great husband. Thank you ... and I'm sorry for being so icky. I love you!

Jennifer

No comments: