Monday, January 7, 2008

Christian's First Set of Shots

Today was the big day: Christian's first set of shots. First the fun stuff:

Here are his new stats:

Head: 43 centimeters (he's in the 97th percentile ... that's my boy!)
Weight: 12 pounds, 2 ounces (50th percentile)
Height: 23 inches (50th percentile)

A thorough exam by the Dr. showed Christian is doing just fine and dandy. The only "problem" is that Christian has been having issues with baby acne, rashes, flakey skin and rough, dry patches on his face, head and neck (but not on the rest of his body). The Dr. has suggested some cortisone cream for a few days will likely fix his skin issues.

So then came time for the shots. Geeze, I can't even be in the same room when Bella gets her shots (and she doesn't cry!). I thought I could handle it. The backup plan was that Jonathan would hold Christian and I could leave the room. But I decided I could stay and be okay ... well, until the nurse headed for the needles. The tears rushed to my eyes, and I rushed for the door.

I closed the door behind me and walked down the hallway. Then I heard his first scream ... oh, man ... it broke my heart. I walked further down the hall ... and I heard the second scream.

Luckily, Christian is quick to recover from his little traumas. He's been like that since the day he was born. And Jonathan handled it well ... after all, he was a witness to Christian's circumcision and my C-section. So, the injections are not a big deal for him to watch.

And ... Christian has not been fussy tonight, as we thought he might. We were told he might get a fever, and so far, he hasn't.

He's just such a cool, happy baby!

Jennifer

No comments: