Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Christian Turns Eight Months Old

If its even possible, Christian continues to get more and more cute each day. Its so amazing to watch him develop new skills. This week, he showed us he can hold his "bottle before bed" all by himself. We probalby shouldn't have been surprised, as he's become quite good at holding his sippy cup. But when he held his bottle (that Jonathan usually holds for him), we were quite impressed!

I had previously posted that Christian is crawling. But let me clarify that is it more like "slithering." He moves along the ground like a snake with arms ... or like a dude in Army basic training who is moving along the ground on his stomach, propelled by his arms. But when determined to reach somehting - like a telelphone or a remote control 0 he can move quickly. When we're in my office togehter while I work, he's taken to crawling towards me. I don't realize he's come so close to me unitl I feel his pudgy little fingers on my feet.

This week, Christian started lifing his arms and reach towards us when he wants to be picked up. Its sooooooo cute!

And he's eating great ... he's already eating the "Stage 3" babyfood that has chunks of food in it. He also enjoys his "Gerber Puffs" (think Cherrios that are star shaped and more light / airy), his teething biscuits, and the zwieback toast.

He has two teeth now, and that has made for a few uncomfortable breastfeeding moments. OUCH!












1 comment:

Jonathan and Valerie said...

Happy belated 8 month birthday our dear little, adorable friend Christian!!!