Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Luceros are Moving!

Jonathan has accepted a position at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Plant in the Phoenix area ... so Los Luceros de Santa Fe will soon be Los Luceros de Phoenix (or, more likely, Los Luceros de Buckeye (AZ). Palo Verde is about 50 miles west of Phoenix, and so Buckeye is the best place for us to live.

I'm a bit choked up as I read what I've just typed. I've lived in New Mexico all my life. We built this home we've lived in for the past three years and our views are amazing from this house. Christian was born here in Santa Fe ... our church is here.

But I've longed to live somewhere else for quite some time. I'm always up for a new adventure. So ... yay!!

Jonathan will be starting his job by early September at the latest. So, this move will come very quickly for us.

There are tons of new houses in the "west valley" area of Phoenix. The housing market crashed hard there. So our plan is to rent a home for a year (there are brand new homes out there for very affordable monthly rents) and spend that year checking out various communities to see where we'd like to live permanently.

A huge congratulaions to Jonathan from myself, Christian and Bella.
We're so proud of you and we love you!

We are soooo excited! Check the blog regularly for updates!

Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

But I protest :(

I'm going to miss talking with Jonathan about the geeks at work, the newest events of Christian, Jennifer keeping them both in line, and Bella being a good doggy :(

I wish you all the very best, and I'm glad I got to meet you while you were here.

Brooke said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news.... and happening so soon.

Keep us posted up here in CT. We are wishing you a safe and happy move.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRO!! Dang how incredibly exciting!! You will absolutely do well and you will absolutely love the change and the future absolutely bright that you must wear at least some cheap sunglasses so that you won't have to squint while taking in all that life has blessed you with. Gosh, I can hardly wait to visit and I'm so envious of the climate change that you guys will get to enjoy. Someday, though, I will join in your happiness there in the Big "A" "Z". One more time, CONGRATULATIONS LOS LUCEROS!!!

Jonathan and Valerie said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!! Jonathan, this is so well deserved.

HOWEVER, like Cory, I protest! Not that that will change your mind, but it's worth a shot! Here we are moving back to NM, all happy to be near my bestest friend since childhood and you're leaving us. BOO HOO!!!!

Seriously, we will miss you something awful, but we also know how long and hard you both have wished and worked for this. We already have plans to visit--especially those places you posted on this entry--beautiful!

Love you much,
Bol & Uncle Mr. Ashe