Monday, September 22, 2008

All the Latest

Here's the latest scoop on the Lucero family:

Our house is in the process of being sold - yay! More details will come soon, as the closing date is on 9/30 and I don't want to jinx anything. :)

Jonathan is in North Carolina this week for training. So its just me, Christian and Bella. I'm pretty certain I'll be insane by week's end ... mostly from walking Bella twice a day with Christian strapped into the Baby Bjorn on my chest.

Jonathan's 24 year old Honda has died for the last time. So, Christian and I went car shopping yesterday with Liz. We won't buy anything until Jonathan is home next weekend ... so stay tuned to learn what car we'll be driving next. I can assure you, it will not be a two door. We've had just about enough of trying to get Christian and his car seat out of the back of my car. Its frustrating, difficult and hurts Jonathan's back. Not to mention that Christian is heavy and its very hard for me to get the car seat in and out.

Its still very hot here. The locals have informed us its "cooling down." I don't know if I consider 101 to be cooling down, but I guess its all relative. Certainly better than 114 from July.

Jonathan took Christian to "Gymboree" last week, and so once Jonathan gets back, he'll be taking Christian to Gymboree once a week for some fun and "daddy/son bonding." We also attended a "Baby Signs" demonstration on Saturday and we were most impressed with the instructor's 16 month old baby was signing to her mommy! So, we've signed up for a six week class.

Christian is quite proud to be able to pull himself up to the side of the bathtub (both when in the bath itself, and when making his visit into the bathroom several time a day), the stair case railing upstairs, and his crib. He especially gets a kick out of climb up the stairs. As soon as I put him down in the living room and he sees the stairs, he makes a beeline for them. So I've learned to become very watchful of him downstairs. He's quite good at climbing the stairs, but can easily lose his balance if he turns his head to look behind him. So I'm always there with a supporting hand.

No comments: