Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How do YOU spend a November day?

Do you spend a November day bundled up in a coat raking leaves outside?

Do you spend a November day inside because its just too cold to be outside?

We remember those days (especially November temps in the teens - or colder - in Santa Fe). They are but a mere memory, though. Here in the Phoenix area, the temps have been in the mid 80s!

On Saturday, we went in search of a farmer's market in a nearby community. Turns out the farmer's market was on a lakeshore! We arrived to blue water, grass and palm trees ... it was like walking into somebody's vacation!

We walked around and enjoyed the sun and warm breezes. Afterwards, we took a drive to the community we hope to move to next year and had some lunch ... and then looked at some model homes. It was a mighty fine day!





















Click on this last photo!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, heavens to Mergatroid, just seeing and reading the blog put me there. Thanks for sharing. I think that is spectacular. Phooey on cold weather, we should all live in the warmth of God shining his ever loving light upon us. Someday, I pray. I want that climate. I need that climate. Enjoy and forget about the dreary snowflake or the face scraping wind the chills the bones and enjoy life underneath the sun. Gosh I'm so jealous... It pains me. Can you feel my pain? ha ha ha ha. I hate COLD WEATHER. I hate it, I hate. Who cares about stupid white christmas's. God makes warm sunny Christmas's too and I bet he enjoys them a bit more. Okay, I'm ramblin'.... someone stop me. Uncle Bone Chilled Eldon

Jonathan, Jennifer, Christian, Scarlett and Chloe said...

I'm not gonna lie ... living here in AZ is fabulous! We'd love to have you come visit someday!

Palm trees, grass, sun ... what more do you need? :)

Patti said...

Ok - we are there!! What are we having for Thanksgiving dinner? LOL!

It is rainy, windy and dark here!! Not too cold yet, though.

Seriously, we really are planning to come to see you some day in the not too distant future - not Thanksgiving 2008, though.
Patti

Jonathan, Jennifer, Christian, Scarlett and Chloe said...

Patti - we do hope you and Ralphie can come visit someday! You'd love all the sun ... most days, there isn't a cloud in the sky (I still can't figure out how that is possible!).

You have an open invitation!