Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, INDEED!

The Valentine's Day surprise started with an e-mail from Jonathan on Friday, February 13 that let me know the UPS man would be bringing a package, and I was not too look at the return label. The box arrived, and I left it outside.

Saturday morning, Christian and I were sitting together in bed when Jonathan walked in with two cards and placed them down before me ... with just a hint of a blue box sticking out from beneath the cards.

A blue in the shade of .... Tiffany Blue. I know this color well! :)



I stared down in disbelief. I was speechless (for once). Before me, for the first time ever, was a Tiffany & Co. box.

When I could finally speak, I think I said something like, "Just getting a little blue box from Tiffany is enough!" Ha ha!

Many years ago, Jonathan and I went to to Chicago and stayed at a hotel on Michigan Avenue, and our window looked down onto Tiffany & Co. I would look down at the storefront, wondering what treasures were inside. Jonathan finally took me inside and I admit to feeling uncomfortable ... as though I didn't even deserve to be inside the famed store. I felt every employee was judging me and thinking, "Lady, you can't even afford to LOOK in here ... now shoooo!"

Several years later, I now own my own little treasure from Tiffany & Co. :) Thanks, Honey!! :)



A little side note:
You may have seen the header graphic we had on our website for a few days prior to Valentine's Day. It certainly wasn't a hint to Jonathan ... I just thought it was a cute idea to change "Tiffany & Co." to "Lucero & Co."


No comments: