Thursday, June 11, 2009

Straws and Forks

Things are moving quickly in the Lucero Household ... so you'd better not blink. :)

Two days ago, Christian amazed me when he finally figured out how to drink from a straw. I didn't think it would happen for a long time, but decided to give it another try ... and he got it!

Last night, he used a fork by himself for the very first time ... which was very exciting. Luckily the camera as readily available (as it often is) so I caught the big moment on video.

What made this moment extra special (for me) is that he was using a Snoopy fork that was given to me on Easter 1975. I've somehow managed to hold onto that fork all these years. And from that 34 year old fork, my baby took his first bite. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!





In case you're wondering what in the world Christian is wearing - it's a bib that he tried to take off - without success. He's shirtless because he'd been playing in the water and his shirt was soaked (and really ... who wants to sit down for dinner in a wet shirt?).

No comments: