Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Big Kid Bed: An Update

For the past few weeks, Christian has been great about going to bed in his new "big kid bed," and staying there.

Until this week.

We've been noticing that his "Big Pooh" and or "Sponge Bob Squarepants" have somehow mysteriously moves from the corner of the room to Christian's bed overnight and during naptimes. I figured maybe it was a case of "The Velveteen Rabbit" ... where the stuffed animals come to life when nobody is looking. :)

I keep his door open a crack so I can check on him, as needed. Yesterday, I heard the door shut closed. For a moment, I assumed maybe the AC kicked on and the pressure closed the door. But then I heard the door shut again ... and that meant he was up and out of bed.

That little stinker!

And he's up to these same shenanigans today. In the handful of times that I've checked on him after hearing the door shut, he's already back in his bed by the time I look in. Today he even managed to turn on his CD player again (and turn up the volume), and turn off his ceiling fan and air filter. So, he's a busy little boy in his room!

But for now, at least he's staying in his room. I'm sure the day is fast approaching where he'll start coming out of his room at naptime. Good thing my home office is just a few feet away and I can see his doorway clearly. Mommy will be watching you, Christian!

No comments: