Saturday, July 20, 2013

My First Cookie Decorating Class

Tonight Liz and I took "Cookie Boot Camp" to learn how to decorate cookies with "Royal Icing."  We had a really great time!
 
I'm really inspired by the woman who taught the class.  She is a stay-at-home mom with five kiddos.  Her husband lost her job, so she was looking for something to do to bring in extra money.  She now sells her creative, beautiful custom decorated cookies locally and on www.etsy.com/shop/SugarbeeGoodies.   Her husband has a job now, but she's continued with her cookie business.
 
And it is my good fortune that she also teaches these classes to whomever else wants to learn how to decorate cookies. 
 
Check her out at www.SugarbeeGoodies.com.
 
Maybe Santa will bring me an awesome Kitchen-Aid mixer for Christmas (Santa, do you read my blog?).
 
I even made a shark cookie for Christian (lower right corner).  I had limited decorations, so it was the best I could do - a silver fin coming out of water.  But, Christian LOVED IT! :)
 

No comments: