Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Jeep and the Lava Flow

We rented a jeep through "Turo" which is where you rent a person's private car.  It's nice to be able to support an individual person with a little side gig rather than a big corporate car rental entity.  The jeep was fun for our vacation, but I don't think I'd want to own one myself.

We decided to take a tour of our Airbnb neighborhood and find the big lava flow that destroyed part of Leilani Estates a few years ago.  I was shocked to discover that it's a huge, tall lava flow!  I just cannot imagine seething that flow slowly coming your way and know it's just "luck of the draw" as to whether or not the lava takes out your home.  

It is a known risk one takes when buying a home on certain parts of the Hawaiian islands.










No comments: