Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And Then it Hits Me ...

I never forget that I'm pregnant, but there are times that the fact we're having a baby soon just kind of "hits me."

For example, I was flipping through the winter schedule for the Santa Fe Symphony and saw a performance I'd like to attend. As I started making plans in my head to attend, I realized we'll have a one month old baby by then … and the likelihood that we'll want to go to that performance is slim to none.

Or … this weekend when a friend, after hearing I'm 24 weeks pregnant, proclaimed, "You'll be at full term in 13 weeks!!" (37 weeks is considered "full term," though 40 weeks is ideal) I thought, "Oh my … THIRTEEN WEEKS?"

Or … after going through a box THREE times (so far) of baby clothes we were given this weekend. I look at them, fold them, put them into stacks and think, "Oh, wow … there is going to be a baby filling these soon."

Wow … we're having a baby! Six months into the pregnancy, it still amazes me!

Jennifer

No comments: