Friday, July 27, 2007

Today's Dr. Visit

Today was my monthly Dr. visit. It was pretty uneventful ... the baby's heart rate was good (though, as usual, the Dr. had a hard time finding it ... this baby is alwyas moving around!), my blood pressure was good, and she didn't make any comments about my weight (yay!).

They test my urine at every visit for various things. After my mass consumption of Red Hots earlier this week, I thought for sure I'd be told I now have gestational diabetes. But, they didn't say a thing.

So does this mean I can eat another movie theatre-sized box of Red Hots? Eh, probalby not. But man, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! My other favorites that I have managed to mostly stay away from: Butterfingers, Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, and white cake with buttercream frosting. Its such a good thing that Cold Stone Creamery closed in Santa Fe. I'd be there A LOT if it was still open.

I really thought I could eliminate sweets from my diet once I got pregnant ... I could do far worse, I suppose. Its not like I sit here all day eating cake, candy and ice cream (but wouldn't that be fabulous!!). And, really ... if my Dr. does tell me I need to stop with the sweets, then I absolutely would.

But back to my appointment. As I said, it was uneventful. Translation: no ultrasound. And no future ultrasound mentioned. Drats! I guess I was spoiled with so many ultrasounds early on. I want to see the little guy!

Jennifer

2 comments:

Jonathan and Valerie said...

I know you should lay off the sweets, but if you run across a bag of Jordan Almonds, don't pass them up! Eh eh eh eh!

Jonathan, Jennifer, Christian, Scarlett and Chloe said...

I have actually been on the lookout for Jordan Almonds, and and I can't find a box like we used to get when we were kiddos.

Michael's sells them en masse for weddings ... but do I dare get that big ol' bag? Man, the way I put away those Red Hots in a couple of hours ... I don't think I dare.

Then again, Jordan Almonds DO have some nutritional value. After all, almonds in and of themselves are very healthy! :)

Jennifer