Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I gotta say ... this pregnancy has been pretty uneventful (which is a good thing, of course!). Aside from the difficulties we had in getting pregnant and the four months of progesterone shots three days a week (ouch!), everything else has been great! All ultrasounds have shown a healthy baby ... and every exam has shown a healthy Mommy.

We are more than 1/2 way there now ... 22 weeks or so. "They" say I should be able to feel the baby anywhere from 18 - 23 weeks. Those initial movements have been described in books as "butterflies" ... or just plain ol' "gas feelings." I finally started catching on that what I've been feeling ever-so-faintly from time-to-time surely must be the baby. But it happens as kind of an after-thought, "Hmm ... was that the baby ... or was that just the cherries I ate earlier?" So far, I haven't felt a definite kick or jab and makes me say, "Yep, THAT was the baby alright."

Oh, and our due date is November 9th. We feel like time is moving at a snail's pace, but we know that in looking back after November, time will have certainly passed very quickly.

And ... a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to Bol (that's Valerie to everybody else)!!!


Jennifer

No comments: