Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Luceros' Blog is Now Open!

Today marks the first day of the rest of our lives. Actually, that could be said about any ol' day, couldn't it?

So let's say that today marks the first day The Luceros have opened their blog. Come on in ... we're open for business!

If you're new to blogging, here is the scoop: a blog is a website where the owner (that's us) can post daily comments, pictures, etc. The visitor (that's you) can come to the blog and give the comments and pictures and even post comments to us, for all to see.

Blogging can become quite a habit - so be careful! The first time I participated in a blog, the people posting their comments were being rather cranky, so I joined in to give my two cents. Well, a few people didn't agree with my two cents and posted cranky comments directed towards me.

Oooh, did that get my blood a boiling! Who were THEY to be critical of ME?? And so began my mild obsession with blogging.

I found other blogs to participate in ... because I just LOVE to share my opinion (and, believe me, I have opinions on just about everything!) and soon discovered that once you get involved as a blogger, blogs can become very time consuming.

If you hang out and read a blog without ever posting comments, you're considered to be "lurking." In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with lurking. Consider it a form of entertainment. But, if you've take the time to come visit our blog, we'd LOVE to hear from you!

The catalyst for us creating this blog can be summed up in one simple word: BABY! As you know, Baby Lucero is scheduled to arrive in this world in November. Times have changed and we no longer live in a society where generations of family and extended family all live in the same town (well, at least in our case). Our family and friends are now scattered across the country and we want to give everybody a chance to participate in our lives ... especially when there is a new baby about to be on the scene!

My hope for this blog is to give updates on the pregnancy, post various photos ... and maybe even videos (once we get a DVD recorder and I get it all figured out). November will come quickly (at least that's what I keep telling myself), so I need to get caught up on the technology so that from the day Baby Lucero arrives, you will have real-time access to our little boy!

And so with that ... LET THE BLOGGING BEGIN!!

Jennifer

4 comments:

El Gallo Negro said...

How cool is this website. Can anyone have a bloggers website like this. It's all about me remember.... ha ha ha ha. So cool and so memorable how your lives are going right now. God bless

Jonathan and Valerie said...

I LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing your beautiful lives with us. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and now you've inspired me to create ours for our move back to the homeland! Thanks Los Luceros! We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY THERE!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that Jo and I are so excited for you both. We look forward to meeting the little one someday and wish you all the best in life..
God Bless you all and keep you safe.

Anonymous said...

So cool! I'd expect nothing less from Jen!

We have been out of touch for so much of the time since Scientech went the way of all 'good' companies, I miss seeing and talking with my 'foster daugher'!

I will be a definite 'lurker' if not a participant. Can't get rid of me now.

Oh, and Matthew's wedding was a blast! Will send pics soon.

Love you,
Kawwie