Monday, August 27, 2007

I Love Good Healthcare!

After yet another Dr. visit today (all is well with the baby), and another run to the pharmacy (my fourth in the past week), I started pondering how lucky I am ... and how lucky most of us in this country are.

My employer provides very good health insurance, as does Jonathan's company (and therefore, I'm double-insured). I know healthcare in this country is always a huge political issue (and just an issue, period, for those who don't have health insurance). And so I just have to bypass all the politics and proclaim, "I am so thankful for my health insurance!"

I thought about those people in this country who have no, or inadequate health inurance. Or let me go a step further ... people who live in poor countries who don't have any health insurance and limted (or no) access to medical care.

My Dr. is just a phone call away. The pharmacy is just down the steet. My Dr. is awesome and catches "issues" in their early stages and fixes them. During the pregnancy, I pay one co-pay at the beginning and then I have no expenses to pay at each Dr. vsit. I am so incredibly fortunate!

Starting at this point, I will have Dr. visits every two weeks, and I'm glad. As I mentioned, there are "issues" (with me, not the baby) that need to be monitored. So its nice to know that just around the corner will be another appointment.

We're gettng close! Just ten more weeks until this baby is fully-cooked. :) And only seven more weeks until this baby is considered "full term."

Man, reality is really starting to sink in. Big time.

Jennifer

No comments: