Friday, August 31, 2007

Time Keeps on Slipping ... into the Future

... or at least that is what The Steve Miller Band sings in their song ...

So here's how things are moving along:
  • We took our first of six pre-natal classes last night. I gotta say, it was pretty lame - there is very little structure to the class and I'm not sure how much we'll actually learn (as opposed to the books I read and the shows I watch on Discovery Health). As is typical for those classes, we watched a video on labor and delivery. It was on a very small screen, so the gore was minimized. For my part, I just couldn't get past the obvious fact that it was filmed in the 1980s ... ah, the hair!
  • I've been getting "Braxton Hicks Contractions" for a while now. They say these "contractions" are just practice contractions. Apparently, they can get quite uncomfortable, but for now, its just a brief tightening sensation ... and then its done. My Dr. says as long as its no more than four an hour, its okay. So far, so good.
  • The baby moves around A LOT! I think he's going to come out wanting to run, just like his daddy does! I really wish I could somehow get a camera in there and see what the little guy is doing!
  • I'm starting to experience some of the classic late pregnancy issues: back pain and a difficulty in being able to sleep comfortably. The back pain is still relavitvely minor, and for that I am thankful.
  • Looks like this weekend, we'll be painting the baby's room. The bottom half of the wall will be light blue and topped with a really cute alphabet wallpaper border that Jonathan selected.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

Jennifer

No comments: