Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Go Buffs!

College football is a big deal in our house. And by that, I mean college football is a big deal to Jonathan ... huge! I would be remiss if I neglected to post a blog about it after this weekend's game.

Jonathan's beloved unranked Colorado Buffs shocked the world of college football by beating third ranked and undefeated Oklahoma 27-24 in the last minute of Saturday's game.

As usual, I did my own thing while the game was on. In the last four minutes, I realized it was getting exciting (how could I not with Jonathan yelling things at the TV?). So I made my way downstairs watch the final minutes of the game (note: Jonathan and all the noise were upstairs). He came rushing down to tell me about the game, only to discover I was actually watching, too. I find myself always rooting for the underdog ... and Colorado was definitely the underdog this weekend.

A co-worker of mine is a HUGE Oklahoma fan and took the loss really hard. I expressed confusion to Jonathan about the guy's devastation. After all, its just a game. But, football is never "just a game" for die hard fans. Never.

So what does all this have to do with a blog about Baby Lucero? Well ... everything! The baby is a "Baby Buff" in the making and at his anticipated size at birth, Jonathan is hoping a ready-made football player will pop out. Well, if nothing else, Jonathan will have his very own college football buddy for years to come. (And sorry, Honey ... we're not naming the baby after CU's quarterback, Cody Hawkins. Its just not going to happen ...)

Go Buffs!

Jennifer

No comments: