Friday, November 30, 2007

25 Years Ago ...

I heard on the news today that its the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's infamous "Thriller" video. Wow!

There are a few key ingredients to making a person feel old: 1) When your little sister turns 31, 2) When you are on the verge of turning 35 and 3) When your realize its been 25 years since Thriller came out.

I was obsessed with Michael Jackson as a kiddo. I used to claim I could tell when a Michael Jackson song was playing on the radio. I'd turn the radio on and sure enough, there was a Michael Jackson song on. Of course, back then, there was always a Michael Jackson song on the radio somewhere.

I'd cut out his pictures from magazines and put them on the wall in my bedroom. I'd put my tape recorder to the TV speaker or radio when a MJ video or song played. I even had silver socks (ahh, I miss those cool socks!).

25 years later, Michael Jackson has pretty much become a freak ... physically, in personality and lifestyle.

Who would have ever guessed? Certainly not me ... his biggest fan back in the day. When Christian gets old enough, he'll surely laugh that at one time, his mommy thought Michael Jackson was the coolest guy ever.

Jennifer

No comments: