Monday, November 12, 2007

A Quick Update

Despite the fact that Christian is a very easy baby so far, I'm finding it difficult to find time to post new entries on our blog and to get new pictures up. If I sit down at the computer, its pretty much just to check e-mail and to do a fast thing here and there for work.

I promise that any day now, we'll have new pictures up for all to see.

Christian is doing great! We've now got the breastfeeding thing down, which is a huge relief. We took him to the Dr. last Thursday and he was wanting Christian to gain more weight. He was hoping for three ounces by today and he had gained FIVE ounces. However, the nurse we saw wasn't satisfied with the FIVE ounces and wants more (huh??), so we've been instructed to feed Christian every two hours now. So we're confused ... the Dr. told us to feed on demand so that Christian was extra hungry when he woke up.

My c-section recovery is going far better than I could have ever hoped for. I'm even walking somewhat normally now. And I'm actually wearing a pre-pregnancy outfit today (okay, to be fair, I was able to wear this outfit up until about the seventh month ...). And since Christian was born, I've lost 20 pounds (well, including Christian and all his "stuff" that came out with him) ... YAY! Having a baby is the best diet ever - ha ha!

As for Jonathan ... sadly, he must return to work tomorrow. He's not ready to leave the baby and me (and frankly, we're not ready for him to go, either ... we love having him home with us) and actually planned to take tomorrow as a vacation day.

However, I can't drive for three weeks after the surgery and Christian needs to be weighed again on Thursday. So ... I need Jonathan home on Thursday.

Jonathan is just the cutest dad EVER! He's so caring and delicate with the baby ... its a sight to behold. He talks to him and sings songs to him. He and Christian like to nap together ... with Christian on his Daddy's chest.

I know Jonathan and I each want Christian to ourselves all the time, but we've been very good about sharing the snuggle time. I keep in mind that I get the one-on-one breastfeeding time with Christian and so Jonathan needs his time, too.

This is one very loved baby!!!!

Look for pictures very soon!

Jennifer

No comments: