Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"That Guy Tiffany"

Santa Fe proudly calls itself "The City Different." An afternoon spent walking around Santa Fe's historic downtown Plaza shows many reasons why the city has that nickname.

Or ... a visit to our pediatrician's office.

I first saw "Tiffany" within moments of arriving at our first Dr. appt. I was with the receptionist when Tiffany walked by. I smiled at Tiffany and thought, "Whoa ..." I returned to Jonathan and quietly told him, "There is somebody back there that will freak you out! It's a woman that's a man!"

Within minutes, Tiffany appeared from behind the door and called us back. He/she weighed Christian, took his other measurements, etc.

I just wasn't sure if Tiffany was a man or woman for a few minutes. He/she has 80's hair with the high bangs (to be fair, I had the same hair 20 years ago ...), a full face of nicely-done makeup and a voice that is only slightly feminine. But it was when Tiffany took Christian from me that I noticed his hands. Yep, definitely a man.

So I turned to Jonathan and mouthed, "Its a MAN!" Jonathan silently mouthed "Shhhh!" to me.

I mean really ... who does Tiffany think he's fooling? Certainly not us.

No, his name isn't Tiffany (or is it ... ?). We don't know what his name is ... but we call him Tiffany because after the appointment, Jonathan and I were discussing what had happened and Jonathan casually said, "------- that guy Tiffany ..." And we busted up laughing long and hard.

"That guy Tiffany ..."

I guess you had to be there.

Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to the new mommy and daddy! Baby Christian is such a doll! I'm waiting patiently (tap, tap, tap) for a picture of him with his eyes open ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyyyyyy new pictures!

Thank you new Mommy Jennifer for taking the time to post them - you are such a beautiful family! Give Bella a big pat on the head for me :) Baby Christian has the kind of cheeks that just make a person wanna pinch them and make goo goo sounds to him (poor kid) ;-)

Jonathan and Valerie said...

"That guy Tiffany"--cracks me up!! You two are hilarious. And I can only imagine the witticisms that will emerge from Christian's lips someday. With you two as his parents...it will be a world of humor, laughter, loving, and caring. Congratulations you two!