Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Christian's Birthday Card for "Sprout"

PBS has a channel for preschoolers and younger called "Sprout." Christian LOVES Sprout ... especially a show called "Caillou" which is about the adventures of a little kid named, you guessed it, "Caillou."

Each day, Sprout shows birthday cards that parents have made and sent in to the show for their kiddos. So, I made Christian a card. I wasn't sure if I'd get it done in time ... but I did!
It is a big card - 8 1/2 x 11. The card needs to be big enough and colorful enough to show up on TV nicely ... and has to feature at least one of the characters from Sprout. So, I picked Caillou!
I started off with blue cardstock, and painted clouds on it. Added Caillou and some sparkley balloons, glitter letters, a picket fence and some plants/flowers/butterflies/bees.
Here's the front:
On the inside, I painted more clouds, more glitter letters, more sparkley balloons (and stars!) a red glitter border and a recent picture of him. All the sparkles problaby won't show up on TV really well ... but that is okay.
So, if you get Sprout on cable or DirectTV ... you just might see his card! I can't wait! :)
Here's the inside of the card.

No comments: