Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I am Going to Run Away"

You know you have arrived as a parent when one of those two sentences is spoken to you:

1.  I hate you.
2.  I am going to run away.

Today, Christian informed me he is going to run away (because I informed him that when we got home, he would be taking a nap because his poor attitude clearly indicated he was in need of a nap).

First I got tears and promises of an improved behavior.  When I didn't budge, he brought out all he had:

"Mommy, I am going to run away."

"Mommy, you don't want to play with me.  You don't think I am handsome, you think I am ugly.  I am going to call Papa and tell him you're being mean to us.  You don't think I am smart.  You don't believe in me."

He did start to say, "I don't like you."   But he stopped before he finished his sentence because a while back, I gave him the "what for" for repeatedly telling me he didn't l me.  He knows better now than to say, I don't like (or love) you

At 6 1/2 years old ... I know this is just the beginning. :)

No comments: